Die SA Skole Engelse Fess
The English Festival takes place under the auspice of the Grahamstown Foundation, Paarl Boys High has not skipped a year since 2004 and many attends it a second year.
What is the English Festival?
Each year we join other young South Africans and are “part of a life-altering, mind-blowing,
soul-soaring experience with the arts!” We attend brilliant shows, hands-on workshops and
lectures. All of this develops each participant’s potential and broadens the mind.
What does the festival offer?
- Two jam-packed days of intense and varied arts experiences;
- Non-competitive interactions with over 500 grade eleven learners and their teachers, representing schools from all over the Western Cape;
- The chance to experience the wonderful facilities at Artscape Theatre Centre, Cape Town;
- The chance to discover new things about the arts, your friends, your teachers, other grade elevens from other schools, and yourselves;
- A cultural feast within an intense but carefully structured and varied programme of arts-related activities.
The festival aims to:
- Enrich the cultural and educational life of our province’s young people;
- Highlight the power of the arts as a universal tool of communication and empowerment;
- Ignite a life-long passion for the arts in young people.